What is Belastingdienst filetransfer and how does it work?
What is Belastingdienst filetransfer?
Belastingdienst filetransfer is used on ad hoc basis to securely exchange files with employees of the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration. The options in Belastingdienst filetransfer support you to act in accordance with GDPR regulations.
The Dutch Tax and Customs Administration employee can use Belastingdienst filetransfer for both sending and receiving files. You cannot use Belastingdienst filetransfer without a contact at the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration. The Dutch Tax and Customs Administration always initiates a transfer (either upload or download).
What is needed to use Belastingdienst filetransfer?
The Dutch Tax and Customs Administration always initiates a transfer. You can only exchange files with the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration if an employee of the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration sends you an invitation.
For regular use of Belastingdienst filetransfer you only need to be able to access https://filetransfer.belastingdienst.nl. If the employee of the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration chose to use an additional password on the files, you will only be able to see the files after you have installed IBM Aspera Connect. For more information see the page "Information IBM Aspera Connect".
Much attention has been paid to security in Belastingdienst filetransfer. For more information see the page "Security information of Belastingdienst filetransfer"). Prior to using Belastingdienst filetransfer, it is important that you have agreed with your contact at the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration that you will use Belastingdienst filetransfer to exchange files. Is your contact at the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration not aware of the existence of Belastingdienst filetransfer? Please read the information on the page "My contactperson does not know Belastingdienst filetransfer exists".
How does it work?
If you start working with Belastingdienst filetransfer, you will go through the following steps:
- You align with your contact at the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration to use Belastingdienst filetransfer.
- The Dutch Tax and Customs Administration employee sends you an upload or download invitation.
- You receive an invitation e-mail with the unique link for this upload or download.
- Your browser will open by opening the link in the invitation.
- Belastingdienst filetransfer checks if Aspera Connect is installed.
- You can send or receive the files as explained on the following pages:
- If the situation requires you to use IBM Aspera Connect. Review the information on the page "Information IBM Aspera Connect" .