Information Belastingdienst filetransfer
You are invited to use the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration File Transfer or you have questions about using it...
On this page you will find information and tips so that you can take full advantage of this service to exchange (large) files.
What is Belastingdienst filetransfer?
Belastingdienst file transfer is a service from the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration that facilitates a user-friendly, fast and secure (encrypted) way of exchanging (large) files between Dutch tax administration employees and non-tax administration employees.
Belastingdienst file transfer can be used for both sending and receiving files. What option is available to you depends on the connection established by your tax office contact. More information about this is enclosed in the invitation you received.
How do I know this is from the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration?
Belastingdienst file transfer is is a service provided by the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration via the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration domain https://filetransfer.belastingdienst.nl. You can view the government certificate associated with this site by clicking on the "lock" icon. This lock is located before or after the URL (depending on the browser used).
You may wonder why you should install an "Aspera" client. This is because we use the Aspera product from our supplier IBM. However, the software and data are fully hosted and managed within the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration network and government data center.
More information about security aspects can be found here
What is needed to use Belastingdienst filetransfer?
- A file exchange is always initiated by a Dutch Tax and Customs Administration employee. You can only send files to a Dutch Tax and Customs Administration representative if you first received an invitation to do so from that person. The same goes for receiving files.
- Because of security, files can only be received or sent if the Aspera Connect Client software is installed. The link to the most recent version of the installation file can be found in the mail you receive as soon as you are invited. Once the Aspera Connect Client is installed, you can upload or download the files sent by your Dutch Tax and Customs Administration contact. You do not need to register any account.
Please note that use of this service is logged by the Tax Office. Information such as your IP, file name, email address, and date & time the file is sent / received is recorded.
What do I need to know to use it (guidelines)?
When exchanging files, it is important that you have had prior communications with the person with whom you are exchanging files so it doesn't come as a surprise. Therefore, if you receive an invitation to exchange files without expecting it, or from a person you do not know, do not continue but contact (if possible) the person first.
The following general guidelines apply to both recipients and senders of files:
- Access to shared information is strictly personal. A received download link is therefore also personal. If this link is accidentally shared or compromised, report it directly to the person who shared the files with you.
- Agreements are made prior to exchange of data with your Dutch Tax and Customs Administration contact, about what information is to be exchanged and how it is done.
- Documents and information exchanged may not be distributed or shared with others without explicit permission of the original owner of the content.
- Exchange of information takes place on the basis of mutual respect. To this end, the general standards should be respected for responsible and respectful collaboration. Discriminatory, sexually-explicit, offensive and intimidating content is not tolerated.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Dutch Tax and Customs Administration contact.
Where can I find more information about...
On the following pages you will find additional information about Belastingdienst filetransfer: